Tell a story with your photos. There is only one story I could think of telling... the cycle that dominated April.
Night Shift
These photos were spotted and mounted. (My first attempt at spotting - it was tough!) When I presented this collection photos in class I laid them out in a circular fashion, so that there was no beginning or end.
All of the tools and accessories needed to go to the hospital. I like the light in this photograph and how all the objects are arranged... it gives the sense of solidarity with the profession, and how Matthew is alone in his responsibilities and medical decisions.
In this shot I was trying to say several things. Not only is Matthew sleeping during the day, but he is sleeping alone. I framed the shot intentionally to include the clock and the time.
Coffee. I shot several versions of this with the time included in the frame. But the light was best here.
Contrasting our home in night and day. At night Matthew's car is not there, and I am alone. In the next few shots I was trying to photograph the absence of something.
Alone at night in the house, stimulated by two different types of technology. And I am without my companion.
Coming home! I love alot of things about this shot: the morning light, the symmetry of the path and the two trees, scrubs!, Matthew's car, and his expression. The unfortunate thing is that light pole coming out of the top of his head! But the shot said too much to exclude it.
During the critique one of my classmates said "This is sad." Another left a really sympathetic note on my wall on facebook offering to hang out if I was lonely... I guess that wasn't quite the reaction I was going for. The story was trying to tell that of routine and a lifestyle, and one of sacrifice and hard work.








i love this! ... reminds me of my self in the way you think about things ... lol i have loved all the pictures!
ReplyDelete