Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ceramics at UCD Craft Center



Raku fired pieces during the spring quarter.
I know, I know, I've been terrible about updating this blog.  Is anyone still following out there?  I'm now a mother and that project has kept me quite busy.  It has not, however, prevented me from making things.  Though my projects move a little slower now there is always something in progress. 

Since Liam was about 3 months old I've been able to get back into ceramics.  I've been working at UC Davis Craft Center where they have a very nice open studio.  Kick and electric wheels, gas and electric kilns, and a nice variety of cone 10 glazes.  I try to get down to Davis (a 20 minute drive from Sac) about once a week.  I've found a pottery partner, Krysta, who graciously watches Liam while I work when Matthew isn't available.  

I'm not trying to be too ambitious with my work, just getting back into the swing of working with clay after a year-long break.  Here are some images of the pieces from the spring and summer quarters.  Most of these I've given away as gifts but I've learned from all of them.  

3 piece nesting serving pieces.  The largest makes a nice pie plate.

 Tea pot (whose lid broke on the way to the kiln), and a mixing bowl
Large plate and dome for keeping baked goods fresh.
Nesting mixing bowls
Honey comb and pot for Dad (who is now a beekeeper)







No comments:

Post a Comment