Friday, November 18, 2011

'Blessings' Print


Did I mention I know about 15 ladies that are pregnant right now?  All good friends with whom I'd like to share a little something special.  So I put together this print for their nurseries, a reminder to forever thank our Creator for the miracle of new life.  They read 'Praise God from whom all Blessings Flow', a familiar tune in protestant churches.  I designed a few different color options for the art work depending on what I know from my friend's nurseries.  I also had them printed in a few different sizes based on Ikea 'Ribba' frame sizes.  I altered the matte size with my matte cutter in some of these frames.  

My dilemma is how to get these gifts to all of my friends on the east coast.  I experimented with shipping the framed version to a few friends and had mixed results, as some of the packages arrived with a broken frame.  As much as I want to provide the value of giving a piece of artwork framed and matted and ready to hang on the wall I think I'll send just the print in a tube in the future.  Thats preferable to receiving a broken frame in the mail.  Now that the hard work of designing the print is done and easily replicated I think I may list this item on Etsy and see if I can sell a few. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hang mine this week after the nursery is painted!! Thank you so much for the sweet gift! (and yes, i am humming the rest of the 'praise god' tune right now... :)

    ReplyDelete